Once North Carolina’s tobacco epicenter, Winston-Salem now has a thriving downtown. In many areas, including the former RJ Reynolds Tobacco factory, historic buildings have been renovated and reimagined into boutiques, antique shops, bakeries, restaurants, bars, and more. Winston-Salem has something for everyone—enjoy outdoor yoga at Bailey Park, concerts at the Coal Pit and the Ramkat, craft beer at a number of local breweries, a quiet walk through Old Salem, and shows and art exhibits at any one of more than a dozen galleries and theaters.
Home to Wake Forest University and Atrium Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston-Salem offers a variety of housing options for students, singles, families, and retirees. Downtown lofts and condos offer unparalleled views of the city, while historic neighborhoods are seeing unprecedented growth.
Links & Resources
- City of Winston-Salem
- Forsyth County Government
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Arts Council of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County
- Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce
- Baptist Medical Center
- Forsyth Medical Center
- Wake Forest University
- North Carolina School of the Arts
- Winston-Salem State University
- Salem College
- Forsyth Technical Community College